Ginny’s theme has Harry’s woven all through it in motifs and “Lumos,” the films’ central theme, which musically ties her completely to his character which is exactly how movie!Ginny is which is garbage!!!! (link)
But “Harry and Ginny” is really sad which is appropriate. (link)
John Cleese: Cats are unpredictable and cussed, just like women.
"That guy [Jonny Lee Miller] who used to be married to Angelia Jolie, oh my God, he’s amazing. I’d marry him. In a second."
Important OTP question: which one sends cute good-morning texts and which one replies to them angrily because ‘it’s not even seven yet fuck off’?
"I can’t remember the last time I saw an American movie where an American woman washed off blood in a shower and the blood wasn’t hers."
today is the last day we have to live without gilmore girls on netflix
On the first of December, I went to the coast. I needed air, needed space, needed a break from my grief. I went to the coast and let the wind sting my eyes until the world was a haze of tear-filmed images. I thought about impressionist paintings, the heavy brush strokes and the emotion they carved. Paint layered so thick the canvases were rigid with it.
But the paints were oil-based, organic, and if you cracked the hardened exteriors of the thickest parts even the oldest paintings would still bleed.
I went to the coast to avoid thinking about Albus, and thought about Albus anyway. I bought taffy for Lily and a pinwheel for James. He’d loved them when he was younger, would cry out for them all seaside holiday when he was a baby. I can’t remember when that stopped. Maybe when Al was born.
I watched young mothers wheel their prams along the boardwalk. The Muggles passed by me without a second look. I had forgotten how powerful it felt to be so invisible. It had been so long since I’d walked down a street without being recognized. I let my invisible lungs fill with invisible salty air. I wanted to turn into salt. A Pillar of Salt.
On the first of December, I went to the coast and bought sweets and thought about salt and paint and blood and my son.
— ”Ginny Weasley and the Brume”
Fincher: Very sad people.
Who did I want to be?
I know Ginny Weasley is a bamf
but have you considered:
- Ginny breaking into the boys’ dormitory to steal back the diary because she’s terrified that Harry would find out how it worked and that Riddle would start possessing him, never mind if she gets caught and expelled
- Ginny overcoming her socially crippling pre-teen obsession with Harry when Hermione gives her some good advice, and blossoming into a popular, healthy and independent person even though she “never really gave up on” Harry
- (this one has been talked about before) Ginny not standing Neville up when Ron tells her she should go to the Yule Ball with Harry
- Ginny defending “Loony” Lovegood at all times, even before they’re real friends
- Ginny being humble as fuck about winning the Quidditch Cup TWICE, WHICH IF YOU DIDN’T REALIZE IS MORE TIMES THAN HARRY WON IT
- Ginny noticing after Harry sees Snape’s worst memory, that he seems “really down,” asking him if it’s because of Cho, hoping with all her soul that he’ll say that the person he really wants to talk to is her, not showing any disappointment when it’s Sirius that Harry wants to talk to, and instead HELPING TO DEVISE A WAY FOR HIM TO TALK TO SIRIUS WITHOUT BEING CAUGHT???? BECAUSE SHE’S A BAMF WITH FRED AND GEORGE FOR SIBLINGS
- GINNY NOT TAKING HARRY’S RUDE SHIT BUT STILL ASKING HOW SHE CAN HELP HIM AND THEN FUCKING DOING IT, RISKING HER LIFE AT THE MINISTRY
- GINNY UNDERSTANDING COMPLETELY WHY HARRY HAS TO BREAK UP WITH HER AND NOT RESENTING HIM FOR A SINGLE SECOND OR TRYING TO MANIPULATE HIM INTO STAYING WITH HER BECAUSE THE WORLD IS MORE IMPORTANT
GINNY BEING BRAVE IN THE FACE OF DANGER AND BADASS WITH SPELLS IS COOL AND ALL BUT I LOVE THE GINNY WEASLEY THAT IS SELFLESS AND PURE OF HEART
GINNY FUCKING WEASLEY Y’ALL
IF YOU DON’T LOVE HER THERE’S THE FUCKING DOOR BYE